Teaching Children How to Think, Not What to Think
with guest Jesse Richardson, President of The School of Thought
More than perhaps any other time in human history, we are all bombarded with fake news. Sorting out the many biases and logical fallacies that often pass for communication is getting harder and harder.
Teaching children how to think rather than what to think is the passion and focus of this episode’s guest, Jesse Richardson, an internationally award-winning creative director, strategist and art director for over 20 years. He is the creator of three of Australia’s most successful viral campaigns. Founder and President of The School of Thought, he is promoting critical thinking with free creative common resources.
Jesse Richardson Bio:
Jesse Richardson is an internationally award-winning creative director, strategist and art director with over 20 years experience in the design and advertising industries.
He’s been responsible for the creation of three of Australia’s most successful viral campaigns, and is the founder of www.schoolofthought.org which is a non profit organisation that teachers philosophy and critical thinking with free creative commons resources. The TEDx talk he gave to launch The School of Thought hit the front page of reddit.com and has been viewed over 300,000 times.
Jesse created and launched www.yourlogicalfallacyis.com which has since been visited over 8 million times, attracts approximately 10,000 unique visitors per day, has been tweeted by the likes of Stephen Fry, Jimmy Wales and thousand more, and is being used in thousands of classrooms all around the world, including The University of Queensland and Harvard.
Helpful Links and Resources:
- Logical Fallacies www.yourfallacy.is
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Jesse’s TEDx Talk on How to Think, Not What to Think , TED Brisbane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dluwVks444
- With over 300 truly curious questions, it’s the end of awkward silences and the beginning of awesome conversations https://acuriousquestion.com/
- 18 tips, tricks & resources for online marketing, design and advertising campaigns https://howtonotsuckonline.com/