Access the Webinar
In this 90 minute webinar, Barry Silverberg will provide an overview of the issues that ought to be addressed and the processes that are required to establish a Texas Nonprofit Corporation and then to obtain 501(c)(3) charitable designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
Barry has over 40 years of experience as a nonprofit professional and volunteer leader, manager, communicator and strategic thinker.
Topics will include, but not be limited to:
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Nonprofit Incorporation
- Key questions/ issues requiring attention before starting legal process
- Incorporating as a Texas nonprofit
- Other Texas related issues and processes
- Obtaining your 501 (c) 3 status (i.e., charitable tax exemption status from IRS)
- Key questions/ issues requiring attention within the IRS 1023 Application Form
- Required Bylaws and policies
- First organizational meeting(s)
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a fiscal agent – how to find and what does it cost
- Using consulting services to help you through this process
Registrants will receive instructions on accessing the Webinar as well as the session handouts a few days prior to the webinar.
Registration Fee: $15